Wednesday, 23 July 2014

Good news at 16 months

Well I have to say my skin has been going from strength to strength.  I want to point out that I use as little on my skin as possible and this seems to help.  I use a basic soap substitute ‘epaderm’ to wash and no moisturiser whatsoever.  The natural oils in my skin continue to improve and I very rarely have any dry areas to contend with.  The fact that it’s summertime is helping my skin along.   There is no doubt in my mind once you are at the later stages of healing the sun’s rays make a difference. I haven’t really flared in the last 4 months and very rarely feel itchy.  I continue to be less sensitive to products and no longer have an issue using shampoo and conditioner.  I eat what I want when I want and it doesn’t seem to have any effect on my skin whatsoever.  So all my thoughts and attempts to change my diet and cut out certain foods in the past was probably a waste of time.  It seems to me, looking back, that it was plain and simply the process of topical steroid and Protopic addiction and withdrawal that was causing all the problems.


So for everyone that is thinking about or going through the process I would like to say that it was the best thing I could have done and I hope the same for you.  I have to pinch myself when I think of how good my skin is compared to what it was like before.  I’m not saying I am totally over this yet although I am feeling like I’m over the worst.  Life is a million times better when your skin is no longer dragging you down.  

No comments:

Post a Comment